font

background

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

first week of school

Hi all! It's been a great week so far! Except for the little fact that my sweet little 16 month old boy got strep throat yesterday and I am out with him today. So I miss all your little ones but my boy is pitiful and definitely needs me at home. I should be back tomorrow!

So here's what we've been up to so far this week. Check out some of the fun read-alouds we're doing in class.
 
Side note: Does anyone else get super giddy when you see back-to-school books? I LOVE them and just added some fun new ones to my collection including an e-book called Third Grade Angels (not pictured).  Ask your children about the themes of these books. We're discussing theme all week!
  
We have also been using Nearpod a ton during math time, which is an interactive lesson for students, somewhat like a PowerPoint but with interactive slides and quizzes. Students are loving that they can take quizzes, or as I call them tickets out the door, on the new material and find out what they missed instantly.

Also, ask your child about their Telegammi they created! THAT was so much fun and we tied in diversity with it after reading a book called The Crayon Box that Talked. Each one of us is unique and brings great things to our class. This app let us showcase those awesome differences!

Take a look at how engaging it is to be in an iPad classroom! Here we are doing an iPad scavenger hunt to help us locate and become familiar with fun educational apps on the iPad.



Along with all of this, I have the wonderful job of testing, testing, testing! So over the next couple of weeks, I will be testing each child to find out his/her reading levels. In two weeks, we will have the BOG (Beginning of Grade test). All of this testing is essential to getting an idea of where your child is academically. So bear with me as I spend more time than I'd like testing and hopefully can get it done as quick as possible so I can get back to what I love: teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment