font

background

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Open House & some thanks

First, I would like to thank you all for coming to Open House last night. We had a great turnout!! How fun to see everyone! I was so excited to see my students from last year (who have grown so much over the summer!) as well as my newbies (I can tell they are already going to be a great addition to our class!).  And parents, you all seem so invested in your children and ready to embark on a new school year as well!

It's a good thing you all can't see what goes on the couple of hours before Open House begins. It's mayhem! I don't know how we all pull it together sometimes but we manage and hopefully your children shared in the excitement of this Meet the Teacher night with us! 

I hope your students loved the Photo Booth and taking pictures with each other. I have some pretty hilarious pictures of them! I also hoped they enjoyed the Aurasma video that informed them they are going to be a part of an iPad classroom this year. I was so excited for them to find out the great news! There are only four iPad classes in the school and we are one of them. We will be using the iPads to enhance instruction with educational apps that are interactive and engaging for your children. We are certainly blessed to be a part of this! I hope you will share in my excitement and have conversations with your children about what they are learning through technology (as well as all academic subject areas). 

As we start this first week of school, I want to let you know I will be testing your child's reading level and starting new math curriculum with them. There will be no math homework at all this year (please see my homework page for more info on this) and usually they will have reading homework but not this first week. Their homework this first week is to send back all those important forms that were on their desk at Open House and to send in money for the agenda ($5), field trip t-shirt ($8) and Time for Kids ($5). You can send in all $18 in one check and make it out to our school. So other than that, no homework until I determine your child's reading level. I definitely suggest getting a jump start on reading at home every night though! And grab some multiplication flash cards and get a head start! 

 Wow, the Google Form you guys helped fill out was a great success! It went to a spreadsheet for me so now all I have to do is check that spreadsheet for all your information. Thanks again for doing that!

I am so enthusiastic about this upcoming school year! If you need anything, please contact me through notes in the agenda or email that I check daily. I make mistakes-I am human after all-so let me know if you have a question or concern about something. Communication is key!

See all your children's bright smiles on Monday morning!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment